Jump to Recipe
Need an indulgent, quick dessert for the family on a weeknight? This naturally sweetened Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Parfait recipe will be your new go-to!
This is it. This Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Parfait recipe is the last in our 15-Minute Desserts Month series. I can’t believe how quickly this month has flown by. It seems like I was just writing about Rhubarb and Custard Protein Truffles and 15-Minute Apple Crisp a few days ago!
Seriously though, time. Cut it out.
Chris and I are off to Cornwall next week for a much-needed break. I told myself at the beginning of this year that I would take at least one three day weekend holiday for a mental health break every quarter – and here we are, nearly in May, and I haven’t taken a single weekend day off. Well done, Amanda.
I’m not complaining, honestly. I love what I do. I love creating recipes for you to enjoy, being able to flex my writing muscles, practice photography, and connect with more of you each and every day. But it is exhausting being on the go seven days a week, I won’t deny it. Which is why I’m looking forward to a few days away from it all, disconnecting from my computer and reconnecting with nature, Chris, and myself. I can’t wait!
Until May 1st, though, you’re stuck listening to me go on and on about how much I want to make love to these Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Parfaits. Seriously, I know I said this about my Chocolate Cherry Galette, but we have a serious contender here for top spot in the dessert husband ring.
This parfait recipe has it going on! Drool-worthy dark chocolate ganache, fluffy and sweet peanut butter yogurt, salty pretzels, and crunchy peanuts. And it all comes together in under 15 minutes. Dessert can’t get much better than that, right?
What is a parfait?
There are actually two different kinds of parfaits. In the French tradition, it’s made of boiled cream, egg, sugar, and a flavoured syrup. The custard is set in a small dish or ramekin and turned out similar to a flan. The American version is a layered dessert, usually featuring yogurt, fruit, and granola or cream, boozy fruit purees, and nuts and served in a tall glass. Both kinds of parfaits are served cold.
Are parfaits healthy?
Certainly some – like the American version with yogurt, fruit, and granola typically served for breakfast – can be healthy. However, most of the time they’re considered a dessert or treat and contain quite a heavy dose of sugar.
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Parfait recipe is definitely not spokesman for the healthy end of the parfait spectrum. Let’s leave it at that.
Benefits of this Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Parfait recipe
- Aside from the pretzels, you likely have everything on hand to make this right now. If you can’t pop to the shops but desperately need this parfait in your life, simply sub out the pretzels for more peanuts. Job done.
- This parfait recipe comes together in less than 15 minutes.
- It will fill you up. While I don’t condone eating one of these parfaits for dinner (but I definitely won’t judge you if you do), the protein from the Greek yogurt, peanut butter, and peanuts ensures that you won’t eat a super large portion.
- It features one of the best pairings on earth: chocolate and peanut butter. Not much can top it.
I hope you love this Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Parfait recipe and have enjoyed 15-Minute Desserts Month! I’m honestly so sad it’s over. If you’ve loved these quick and easy desserts too, please let me know – either on social media, in an email, or in the comments below. It’s so important to me that I’m creating the recipes and content that you love to see and want to make yourselves. I want to support you in this refined sugar free journey in any way I can, so it means so much to hear from you and know that I’m helping you reach your food freedom goals.
In the meantime, keep making these recipes and be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram and use the hashtag #15MinuteDesserts. I can’t wait to see and share your creations!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Parfait Recipe
This naturally sweetened Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Parfait recipe is an indulgent, quick and easy weeknight dessert.
Dark Chocolate Ganache
- 150 g dark chocolate chopped
- 175 ml double cream
Peanut Butter Yogurt
- 250 g Greek yogurt
- 150 g natural peanut butter
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp double cream
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 75 g pretzels
- 40 g chopped roasted and salted peanuts
Dark Chocolate Ganache
- Place the chopped chocolate in a heat proof bowl.
- Pour the cream into a small saucepan and place over a medium-low heat. Whisking frequently so that it doesn’t burn, allow the cream to come to a low boil.
- Once it boils, remove the pan from the heat and pour the cream over the chocolate. Allow to sit and let the cream melt the chocolate for 5-6 minutes.
- Whisk the cream and chocolate together until fully emulsified. Set aside.
Peanut Butter Yogurt
- While the cream is melting the chocolate, beat together the yogurt, peanut butter, maple syrup, cream, vanilla, and sea salt using a hand mixer until well combined and slightly fluffy. Set aside.
- Using your hands, crush the pretzels into small, chunky bits.
- Layer your parfaits in any way you desire. To make the parfaits seen here, begin with a layer of pretzels, then a drizzle of chocolate ganache. Top with a thick layer of peanut butter yogurt. Repeat until you reach the top of the glass.
- Finish your parfaits with a drizzle of ganache, chopped peanuts, and whole pretzels.
- These parfaits are best eaten the day they are made.
- This recipe will make 2 large parfaits or 4 regular parfaits.
- For gluten-free parfaits, make sure you use a gluten-free certified pretzel brand.